Pre-Wired Vintage Flying V Upgrade Kit
Pre-wired version of the RS Guitarworks Vintage Flying V upgrade kit.
Who this kit is for: The Vintage Flying V Upgrade Kit offers a warmer, woody tone for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This is the kit for your Gibson Flying V (and V copy) guitars. It's all wired and ready to drop in, so you just connect the pickups and ground and it's all done. This is a must have kit to give your Flying V that classic 60s tone.
Available in left-handed orientation with correct-turning pots. Not just wired backwards, but the correct taper as well!! NO EXTRA CHARGE !!
Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
What's in the kit:
(2) 500K RS Short-Shaft SuperPots® - We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not lose any clarity, even in the neck position. A smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(1) 500K CTS Short-Shaft Audio taper Tone pot.
(1) Vintage RS GuitarCap Paper In Oil .022µF Capacitor. Manufactured to RS specs, these hand-made 100v caps have a rich vintage tone, while still retaining open top-end clarity. Hand-wound on 50's-era machines, the new RS Vintage GuitarCaps use vintage-correct Kraft paper, solid military-spec construction and tinned 20AWG leads for easy soldering. They really hold their own against the vintage caps; their tone is similar to the famous caps from the 50's.
(1) Pre-wired 90 Degree 3-way toggle switch - Manufactured by Switchcraft®.
(1) 1/4"-inch jack - Manufactured by Switchcraft®.
(1) Color wiring diagram.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn't think were possible.