The RS Modern Les Paul 'JP' Upgrade kit, loaded with SoZo NextGen™ capacitors. Polyester film dielectric with aluminum foil, and superior tin coated pure copper leads. Clarity, detail, great for clean tones as well as heavy gain and overdrive.
Who this kit is for: The Modern 'JP' Upgrade Kit offers more clarity and detail, with push/pull pots for coil-splitting and out-of-phase switching. The pre-wired RS Modern 'JP' kit offers the 2 of the switching options that Les Paul® players love: coil-splitting and out-of-phase switching. Connect your pickups to the pre-wired push/pull pots, and you're ready to enjoy all the great tones of an RS upgrade kit, plus single-coil and out-of-phase sounds. This kit requires that your pickups have 4-conductor wiring. Please consult your pickups manufacturer's color codes for proper installation.
Available in left-handed orientation with correct-turning pots. Not just wired backwards, but the correct taper as well!! NO EXTRA CHARGE !!
This kit is for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This kit comes with SHORT SHAFT pots, which is appropriate for the following guitars: ALL GUITARS with the exception of all production Les Pauls® made since 1977. For owners of Historic® Les Pauls, this kit is for you!
Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
What this is: For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar. It comes wired onto a template; all you have to do is drop the kit into your guitar and wire the pickups, jack, and switch.
What's in the kit:
(2) 500K RS Short-Shaft SuperPots®- We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(2) 500K CTS Push-Pull Audio taper pot - Made by CTS, these audio taper pots work great for tone controls. This pot gives you the coil tap, out-of-phase, and series/parallel options.
1) SoZo NextGen™ .022 capacitor - Polyester film dielectric with aluminum foil, and superior tin coated pure copper leads. Meets our stringent quality-control standards, not only because of its construction, but because of how great it sounds in the tone circuit!!
(1) SoZo NextGen™ .01 capacitor - This is the same great SoZo cap as above, just in .01 microfarad. This is best used for the Neck Tone control.
(1) Color wiring diagram and instruction sheet.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn't think were possible.