Pre-Wired Vintage P-Bass Harness
Please Note: ALL 280K SuperPots are SPLIT-SHAFT. When you order the Precision Bass kit, it will ship with a brass sleeve for use with knobs with set screws. All standard USA Tele-style knobs will fit over the brass sleeves; knobs with set-screws should accept a 1/4"-inch shaft. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
RS Guitarworks offers the pre-wired Vintage P-Bass kit. Just attach your pickup and tailpiece ground, and you're ready to go! Loaded with the great RS 280K SuperPot™, along with a CTS 250K Tone pot and a Vintage RS GuitarCap Paper In Oil .047.
Available in left-handed orientation with correct-turning pots. Not just wired backwards, but the correct taper as well!! NO EXTRA CHARGE !!
RS is proud to bring you our new Vintage 100 volt Paper In Oil (PIO) capacitor. We have tested these against some of the best new and vintage caps on the market and we are happy to say they outperformed any cap we have sold in the past and they really hold their own against the vintage caps. Their sound is just like the caps from the 50's. Big, fat tones for your P-Bass!
Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
Each kit comes with:
(1) 280K RS Solid-Shaft SuperPot™ - We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume control in the kit, this pot has a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(1) 250 CTS Solid-Shaft Audio taper pot.
(1) Vintage RS GuitarCap Paper In Oil .047µF Capacitor. Manufactured to RS specs, these hand-made 100v caps have a rich vintage tone, while still retaining open top-end clarity. Hand-wound on 50's-era machines, the new RS Vintage GuitarCaps use vintage-correct Kraft paper, solid military-spec construction and tinned 20AWG leads for easy soldering. They really hold their own against the vintage caps; their tone is similar to the famous caps from the 50's.
(1) Vintage-Style cloth-covered wire - used for signal in the circuit.
(1) Switchcraft® 1/4" jack - Made in the USA.
(1) Color wiring diagram.